Chhindwara is connected to its neighboring districts by rail and road both. The nearest airport is Nagpur Airport (130 km). A small air strip is also available at Chhindwara for landing small airplanes of 5 to 10 passengers. Chhindwara is connected to nearby big cities like Nagpur, Jabalpur and Bhopal with frequent buses and taxi services round the clock.
National Highway 69 National Highway 69 (NH 69) is a National Highway in central India goes through Chhindwara. It connects Nagpur in Maharashtra to Obedullaganj near Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh . It connects NH 12 and NH 6, NH 7.National Highway 69-A links Chhindwara with NH-69 at Saoner.
Other then this there are following state highway are there-
- MP SH 47
- MP SH 26
Chhindwara railway station is part of the Satpura narrow gauge lines and is shown on the Bilaspur-Nagpur section of Howrah-Nagpur-Mumbai line. It has the following trains running daily:
- Panchvalley Express between Chhindwara and Indore Junction
- Patalkot Express between Chhindwara and Dehli Sarai Rohila via Bhopal – Bina Mathura
- Amla Passenger between Chhindwara and Amla
- Nainpur Passenger between Chhindwara and Nainpur (narrow gauge)
- Nagpur Passenger between Chhindwara and Nagpur (This narrow gauge train covers the distance of 147 km in around eight hours and travels through some beautiful scenic valleys)
The 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge railway track is being converted to 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) broad gauge between Chhindwara and Nagpur. This is expected to change the current face of Chhindwara Junction. Electrification of Chhindwara-Amla section is under progress.